Friday, March 14, 2014

Review: The Testing

Summary: 
The Seven Stages War left much of the planet a charred wasteland. The future belongs to the next generation’s chosen few who must rebuild it. But to enter this elite group, candidates must first pass The Testing—their one chance at a college education and a rewarding career. 

Cia Vale is honored to be chosen as a Testing candidate; eager to prove her worthiness as a University student and future leader of the United Commonwealth. But on the eve of her departure, her father’s advice hints at a darker side to her upcoming studies--trust no one. 

But surely she can trust Tomas, her handsome childhood friend who offers an alliance? Tomas, who seems to care more about her with the passing of every grueling (and deadly) day of the Testing. To survive, Cia must choose: love without truth or life without trust.

Review: Ok so I really did enjoy this book. I read it in one sitting and couldn't put it down. I onyl had one problem. I felt like the whole going into a large arena-ish place and slowly killing each other off was just a little to Hunger Games (or Battle Royale which is basically the original Hunger Games). But, besides that I really really enjoyed it. In the beginning I thought Cia was going to be a terribly boring/annoying narrator, but i was pleasantly surprised when I ended up really liking her. I recommend this to any Hunger Games, Divergent fans who like a strong female lead.                                             

1 comment:

  1. I've heard amazing things about this one so I'm glad you enjoyed it! I always get nervous about these kinds of books though because some of them CAN get too similar to THG :)

    ReplyDelete