Friday, February 14, 2014

Hollow City: Review

Hollow City by Ransom Riggs
Rate: A+
Age: 12+

Summary: This second novel begins in 1940, immediately after the first book ended. Having escaped Miss Peregrine’s island by the skin of their teeth, Jacob and his new friends must journey to London, the peculiar capital of the world. Along the way, they encounter new allies, a menagerie of peculiar animals, and other unexpected surprises.

Review: Okay so personally I liked this book even more than the first one. I had no time to read this week all all i wanted to do was read this book. The new characters were actually really funny and the wights and hollows have just gotten scarier. The ending was so surprising and I really can not wait until the next book. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi! This is July and I noticed you stopped by my blog so I wanted to pay you a visit back! I've never heard of this series! It sounds a bit creepy. Are there any gory parts to it?
    Also, you've commented on my blog a couple times, but I noticed you aren't following me. Would you care to? I just followed you!
    -July, http://julyaemmance.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good just a little creepy. The first is Miss.Peregrine's Home to Peculiar Children. Your blog is really cool I follow it. I have a blog thereader7723.blogspot.com

      Delete
    2. Yes of course! I will follow now. Sorry I just get so lazy I never follow blogs. Thank you for following me though! Also about the book it's not very gory. I mean people die and everything but it's not described in detail. The only thing is that theres cursing. Theres not to much and they never use anything like the "f word" oh and it's only in the first book. But besides that I think you should give it a try! Sorry if this just went through I don't know if the email went through! :)

      Delete